Share USB Printer
Do you use printer at home or office? Your printer probably connected to only one computer with USB cable and due to you are unable to take prints from other computers. Hence, here is a good news for you; Microsoft Windows has a very good feature to share USB printer to the network. Rather installing printer in every machine, you can share it easily to your network. If you have a USB printer connected and installed in a single computer and that computer is at your home or office network. Then, sharing a printer with everyone over your network is pretty easy.
First of all, we need to enable sharing settings of installed printer. Hence, you can follow the steps given below to share USB printer to your home or office network:
Step 1. Press Win + R to open Run dialog box. Once open; type control and hit OK button to open control Panel.
Navigate to “Devices and Printers“ and click on it to open.
Step 2. Select installed printer and right-click on on it then, select “Printer Properties“.
Step 3. Printer properties will open in your computer screen. Click on “Sharing” Tab and check the box “Share this printer”. Then, click OK button. As a result, printer is shared from existing computer.
Step 4. Now we need to find out the IP Address from the computer. To check IP Address, steps are given below:
- Press “Win + R” to open Run dialog box. Once open; type “control” and hit OK button to open control Panel. Now click on Network and Sharing center or Network and Internet.
- Click on Network name (as mine: Wi-Fi 2). It will open Network properties. Then click “Details”. Network connection windows will open and note down the IP address as shown in below image.
Windows Network Preferences Setup
By doing the above all steps; printer has been shared from the installed computer. Follow the steps given below for Windows Network Preferences:
- Now in the left pane, click on Change advanced sharing settings.
- Check Turn on network discovery and Turn on file and printer sharing radio button then, click Save changes.
- Now you will see shared printer at your screen. Right click on it and select “connect…”. It will do the little process and finish it automatically.
As a result, you have shared your USB printer to your network by doing above all steps. As a result shared printer will be available for another computers on same network. This works when you have multiple computers connected to the same network but are not necessarily part of the same home or work group. There is only one condition applicable that the shared computer should be turned on at the time of print command given by another computer/system. Doesn’t matter if your shared computer is at locked screen (windows login screen).Share USB Printer Click To Tweet