Windows 10 Hotspot
Do you know, if you are using a Laptop which has Windows 10 on it, you can use your laptops WiFi connection to connect other devices like; your phones, tablets or any other wireless laptop by using Windows 10 hotspot feature.
That means you can turn your Windows 10 laptop into a wireless hotspot device.
This is kind of new feature Microsoft has added into Windows 10 PC’s. For creating hotspot in your Windows 10 PC, make sure you have already installed the anniversary update in your laptop.
Anniversary update (version 1607) was released on August 2, 2016.
Here’s the steps given below to share your laptop internet:
Turn Windows 10 into Wi-Fi Hotspot
Step 1. Launch Windows Settings Application.
- Go to the Start Menu and select Settings (left image)
- Another option to open Windows settings is to click on Notification Icon and select All Settings (right image).
Slide to right to Enable the button to Share my Internet connection with other devices.
Also, you may Edit Sharing preferences by clicking on Edit Button such a Network name of Network password as your desire one.
- If you’re using a desktop and don’t have the Mobile Hotspot option showing there, this most likely means that your system doesn’t have a Wi-Fi adaptor, so the Mobile hotspot feature is disabled.
- Once you are done with above steps; that means you have shared your laptop internet successfully. Now your laptop is working like a hotspot until you turn off.
- You may go ahead and try to connect any of your phone/tablet by just going to their Wireless Settings. Shown in the image given below:
Now you will be able to use the shared internet from your laptop.