Windows 10 Hotspot
Do you know that if you are using a Laptop with Windows 10 on it, you can use your laptop’s WiFi connection to connect to other devices like; your phone, tablet or any other wireless laptop using the Windows 10 hotspot feature.
This means you can turn your Windows 10 laptop into a wireless hotspot device.
This is kind of a new feature that Microsoft has added to Windows 10 PC’s. To creating hotspot on your Windows 10 PC, make sure you have already installed the anniversary update on your laptop.
Anniversary update (version 1607) was released on August 2, 2016.
Here are the steps given below to share your laptop internet:
Turn Windows 10 into Wi-Fi Hotspot
Step 1. Launch the Windows Settings Application.
- Go to the Start Menu and select Settings (left image)
- Another option to open Windows settings is to click on the Notification Icon and select All Settings (right image).
Slide to right to Enable the button to Share my Internet connection with other devices.
You may also Edit Sharing preferences such as Network name or Network password and set your desired one just by clicking on the Edit Button.
- If you’re using a desktop and don’t have the Mobile Hotspot option showing there, this most likely means that your system doesn’t have a Wi-Fi adaptor, so the Mobile hotspot feature is disabled.
- Once you are done with the above steps; that means you have successfully shared your laptop internet. Your laptop is now acting as a hotspot until you turn it off.
- You may go ahead and try to connect to any of your phones/tablets by just going to their Wireless Settings. Shown in the image given below:
You will now be able to use the shared internet from your laptop.