Turn off Outlook Automatic Replies
Certainly, if you want, you can easily turn off or disable automatic reply from outlook, if already configured.
However, automatic replies are good for business purpose as the sender can acknowledged automatically that you have received the sent email.
Disabling automatic replies depends on the method by which you had setup in your outlook application.
Either you setup through automatic replies (out of office) or instead you have created rule to setup automatic reply by using an email template.
One of our previous articles will help you to setup auto reply in Microsoft outlook by creating email template. You may check anytime by clicking on below link:
Disable Automatic Reply from Outlook
Note: Given steps shown below will work with Microsoft Outlook 2013, 2016, 2019 and also with Office 365.
The following steps will help you to turn off auto replies being sent from your outlook of desired account.
First of all, I will show you if you have configured auto replies by using Automatic Replies (Out of Office) method.
Here is how you can disable it easily:
Launch or open Microsoft Outlook application.
Then, the very first step is to select the configured account (if configured more than one email account) in which you want to disable auto replies.
- Navigate and click on the File Menu. On this page, Info tab is selected by default.
- Under Account Information, you can see Automatic Replies (Out of Office) option
- There is a little Turn off tab below (if auto replies are configured for this email account)
- Just you need to click and Turn it off in order to disable sending automatic replies to the email sender
How about if you have setup outlook Rule for Automatic Replies?
If you have setup a Rule for automatic replies by using an email template then, you need to follow below steps to disable automatic reply from outlook:
- Launch Outlook and click the File Menu. By default, Info tab is shown automatically
- Click on Manage Rules & Alerts tab
- Rules and Alerts screen will appear.
Make sure desired account is selected if you have more than one account configured.
- Created rule will be highlighted once you have selected account by above action.
- Select the Rule and click on the Delete action button. Check below image for reference:
- Finally, click on OK button to close the window.
After doing above task, as a result, automatic reply from a desired account will be disabled or turned off.
Finally, as an auto reply option has been disabled so now on, email senders won’t get any acknowledgment of their emails.