What are Windows Run Commands?
If you are using a Windows computer, you must have heard or familiar to “Run Commands”. The run command is used to open any application, windows settings or document whose path is known by Windows. There are a huge number of run commands developed by Microsoft for Windows operating system. In this article/post you will find the number of list for useful and important run commands that you can use on Windows computer.
Note: In case you don’t know how to open run command dialog box. Press “Win + R” on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box. Then, enter any of the below run commands to access the respective tool. Useful and Important Run Commands for Windows Click To Tweet
Run Commands for Windows
- calc : By using this command, you can open the built-in Windows Calculator App.
- cmd : With this command, you can quickly open the command prompt without administrator privileges.
- dxdiag : DirectX Diagnostic Tool is a diagnostics tool that used to test DirectX functionality and troubleshoot video or sound related hardware problems.
- gpedit.msc : Group Policy Editor in Windows, allows you to set and edit different Windows policies of a local or remote computer.
- ncpa.cpl : To access all your Network Adapters (wireless, local area network, Bluetooth, etc), you can use this on Run command.
- powercfg.cpl : You can access all the Power Options by using this command. Also, can edit the power plan settings according to your use of computer.
- appwiz.cpl : Quickly access the Programs and Features window where you can quickly uninstall your installed programs.Useful and Important Run Commands for Windows Click To Tweet
- regedit : This command will be used to access the Windows Registry which is a hierarchical database that hosts all the configurations and settings of an operating system and the installed programs.
- msconfig : Windows System Configuration is where you can edit different things like the boot options, startup options, services, etc.
- taskmgr.exe : It will open Windows Task Manager for you and displays information about the processes and programs running in your system.
- dfrgui : Disk Defragmenter is a utility in Microsoft Windows designed to increase access speed by rearranging files stored on a disk to occupy contiguous storage locations.