You must be wondering that how would you create and edit pdf file with the help of Microsoft Word. If you create a letter in Word with sensitive business information that you need to send it over the email. How would you stop someone from changing the Word document content?
That can be done only by creating a PDF (Portable Document Format) file of that particular document. PDF’s are not designed to be an edited document. The PDF document is similar to a printed document. To do so, you need to create a file in Microsoft Word and save that Word file as a PDF. When you send this PDF to the email, the recipient can’t change it.
Although, Adobe Acrobat Pro XI has many tools including creating a PDF file. But why would you buy expensive software if you have an option to do in Microsoft Word.
Create and Edit PDF File in Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word 2013, 2016 and 2019 and Word for Office 365 in Windows and Word 2011 and 2016 for MacOS has an option to save your Word document in a PDF file format. In this post, I will show you that how you can create a document in Word and save it to a PDF file and later how you can edit a PDF file in Word.
If you haven’t installed Microsoft Office package which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other useful applications, then, first of all, install desired one (if you have setup) or by using below links:
The following steps have been done in Microsoft Word 2019.
- Open a blank Word document. Create your letter or write down your content on it. You can save this document in Word as well by using the shortcut “Ctrl + S”.
- After the completion of your document, navigate and click on the File Menu and select Save As Then, choose your desired location to save the file.
- Type a File name and select Save As type to PDF (check below image for reference):
Finally, you can successfully create a PDF file with the help of Microsoft Word compatible version. Go to the location where you have saved this file as a PDF. Hence, now you send created PDF on email and it can’t be edited until somebody is smart and know the editing tricks.
Edit PDF File in Microsoft Word
Sometimes, we have a PDF file that needs some rectification or modification. Due to, you need expensive software to edit a single PDF file.
If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro XI installed into your system, then, editing a PDF is quite easy for you. Rather than, if you don’t have it? What will you do? How will you edit your PDF file? Will you buy expensive application?
Instead, I got a solution which can edit help you to a PDF file without costing you anything. Yes, if you have any of the above listed Microsoft office version installed in your Windows or Mac then, you can edit PDF files easily.
NOTE: This process will help you to edit PDF formatting only, images can’t be edited, but yes, you can remove them if you require.
- Open a blank Word document. Navigate and click on the File Menu and select Open option or alternatively, you can use shortcut “Ctrl + O” to open file.
- Locate and select your PDF file to open with Microsoft Word
- Check out the message shown in the image given below. This is an informative message from Microsoft while opening a PDF file in Word. You must have to click OK to continue in order to open the file
- The PDF document is open now. You can edit according to your requirement or need and once done, “Save As” back to PDF as given steps above.
This is an easy way for anyone to create and edit PDF file in Word. You can save your time and money by using this built-in tool of Microsoft Word which allow you to create and edit PDF files.Easy Trick - Create and Edit PDF File in Microsoft Word Click To Tweet