Using Intel Graphic Driver or Windows DCH Drivers
Windows DCH Drivers for Intel Graphics are available since November 28, 2018 as per the Intel. Now you must be thinking about your Windows that is it using an Intel or DCH drivers?.
Windows DCH drivers are available to download from Download Center and the Intel Driver and Support Assistant.
DCH stands for Declarative Componentized Hardware.
In short description, Windows DCH Drivers are the driver package that will install and run on Universal Windows Platform (UWP) based editions of Windows 10.
List of Intel Graphics Controllers supported by Windows DCH Driver
- Intel Iris Graphics 540
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580
- Intel HD Graphics 510/515/520/530
- Intel HD Graphics 500/505
- Intel HD Graphics 610/615
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640/650
- Intel HD Graphics 620/630
- Intel UHD Graphics 600/605
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655
- Intel UHD Graphics 620/630
[Read: Know Your Graphic Card Memory Size in Windows]
How do I know Graphic driver installed on my PC is Intel Graphic driver or Windows DCH driver?
Microsoft and Intel have worked together to make this transition very easy, so the user experience will intact. As a result, there should not be any impact to the user’s everyday experience.
I am sure, you must be curious to know whether you are using Intel graphic driver or Windows DCH drivers in your system.
Hence, I will walk you through that how you can check that DCH drivers installed on your Windows or not.
Follow below steps to know which graphic driver you are using. For example, Intel Graphic Driver or Windows DCH Drivers:
- Open Windows Device Manager. To do this, right-click on Windows Start Menu and click Device Manager.
- Double-click on Display adapters to expand.
- Right-click on the listed Intel Graphics Controller and select Properties.
- Click on the Driver tab.
- Click on Driver Details.
Other windows will be popped up. Scroll down the list and check the name with the extensions name. Check below image for more clarification:
- For Intel (legacy) drivers, it should use the .inf files
- For DCH drivers, it will contain “dch.inf” file names
How My Windows 10 will be Affected by DCH Drivers?
The one big impact you may also notice that an Intel® Graphics Settings option in desktop right-click context menu is no longer available when using Windows DCH Graphics drivers.
If you find that your Windows 10 is not using DCH drivers and Intel® Graphics Settings option is not available for your or missing from the desktop right-click context menu.
Then, this could happen due to Windows 10 update or for some other reason. So, in this case we can restore missing Intel Graphics Settings option to the desktop right click menu.
[Read: How to Restore Missing Intel Graphics Settings Option?]
You can find or launch the Intel Graphics Control Panel or the Intel Graphics Command Center from the Windows Start menu.Know Windows is using Intel Graphic Driver or DCH Drivers Click To Tweet