Windows 10 Tips and Tricks
Windows computers have so many hidden features and tricks that users never know while using the computer. Hereby in this post, I will show you a few important Windows 10 tips & tricks that you should know.
Microsoft Windows, an amazing invention of Microsoft that makes so many tasks easy for human beings.
I must tell you, Windows computers are one of our essential needs nowadays. It is very hard to imagine a world without computers.
Windows OS comes with many versions and editions, like the most popular ones are Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, Windows 10 and now the latest one is Windows 11.
Currently, Windows 10 and Windows 11 are running globally by most users.
Hidden Tricks of Windows 10
Check out below given 6 amazing Windows 10 tips & tricks that you can use on your Windows 10 PC.
Trick 1. Know Your PC’s Manufacturer, Product & Serial Number with Command Prompt
Open Command Prompt. To open it, press Win + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
Then, type these commands below:
- To know the Manufacture Name, type, wmic baseboard get Manufacturer
- Get the Product Name, type, wmic baseboard get product
- Find the Serial Number, type, wmic baseboard get serialnumber
Trick 2. Make Taskbar Icons Smaller
- Press Win + X and select Settings.
- Click Personalization.
- In the left pane, click Taskbar then, on the right side, turn on the radio button of “Use small taskbar buttons”
Trick 3. Hide All Your Desktop Icons Just in One-Click
There is an easy way to hide all of your desktop icons by doing just one-click.
- Find free space on your desktop and do a right-click, then go to View and uncheck Show desktop icons.
- It will take immediate effect on your computer and the taskbar icons will be smaller and look nice in comparison to the bigger icons.
Trick 4. Check if your Windows Activation is Permanent or Not
Do you know whether your Windows is being activated permanently or not? How do you check?
Yes, there is a command prompt (cmd) trick wherein you can check your Windows activation status.
Open Windows Command Prompt.
- To open it, press Win + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
- Then, type slmgr/xpr and hit enter. Within a quick second, a prompt will come up and tell you the Windows activation status.
Trick 5. Storage Analysis/Storage Sense
Windows 10 has its own Storage Analysis & Storage Sense feature.
Storage Analysis: With this option, you can check local storage in your computer settings wherein you can identify how much space has been taken by Apps, Documents, Data, Music, Videos, etc. in your particular drive.
- Press Win + X and select Settings. Now click on System.
- In the left pane, click Storage then, on the right, you will find “Local storage” and drives listed below. Click the drives one by one and check the details.
Storage Sense: In Windows 10, by turning on Storage sense, it can automatically free up space by getting rid of files you do not need, like temporary files and content in your recycle bin. Just turn on the radio button by sliding to the right.
Trick 6. Add Desktop To The Taskbar
Add a Desktop Shortcut to the right of your Taskbar, where you can easily access all of your desktop items easily even if your desktop items are hidden.
Follow the steps below to add Desktop to the Taskbar:
Right-click on the free space on your Taskbar, go to Toolbars and select Desktop. It will be added to the Taskbar. You will now be able to access all of your desktop items by doing a single click.